EB-1B Outstanding Professors and Researchers
What is the Definition of Outstanding Professors and Researchers?
Professors and researchers are recognized internationally as outstanding in his or her academic field.
Qualifications for Outstanding Professor or Researcher Petition
To qualify as an Outstanding Professor or Researcher, you must meet the following basic requirements:
- Hold a tenure-track faculty position or have a permanent job offer; and,
- Have at least 3 years of prior teaching or research experience (can include Ph.D. or postdoctoral research if that research has been recognized as "outstanding").
In addition, you must also meet at least 2 of the following 6 alternative criteria:
- Evidence of receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement;
- Evidence of membership in associations that require their members to demonstrate outstanding achievement;
- Evidence of published material in professional publications written by others about the alien's work in the academic field;
- Evidence of participation, either on a panel or individually, as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied academic field;
- Evidence of original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field; and,
- Evidence of authorship of scholarly books or articles (in scholarly journals with international circulation) in the field.