Family Law Attorneys
If you are searching for Houston divorce lawyers or other Houston family law attorneys, consider Busby & Associates. Both Michael Busby and Adelina Sanchez appear in family court 3 to 5 days a week. We are mostly in Harris and Fort Bend County, although we appear in other counties on occasion.
Family Law Services Include:
2. Suit affecting the Parent Child Relationship
4. Termination of Parental Rights
5. Collecting back child support or spousal support
6. Termininating wage withholding for overpaid child support
7. Nuptials agreements
9. Suits to declare the marriage void
10. Children born during the marriage but not of the marriage (the wife had another man’s baby)
11. Missing spouse or publication divorce
12. Protective Orders
13. Modifications to Support and Parenting orders
14. Enforcement of family law and divorce orders for possession, payment of support or other debts and obligations under the family law order.
15. Collection of Support in a bankruptcy
16. Lifting the Automatic Stay in Bankruptcy to purse your ex for support or enforce the family law order
17. Domestication of foreign orders for enforcement in Texas or defense from enforcement of a foreign order
18. International family law and divorce issues
19. Interstate family law and divorce cases
20. Exemption Planning in Divorce
There may be other facts that would require the filing of a family law or divorce case not itemized in which you can come into the office to discuss
Harris County, Texas has 9 family law judges and 9 associate judges; Fort Bend County, Texas has 2 family law judges and 2 associate judges. Both counties have title 4 courts for attorney general cases and we appear in those courts frequently. Having an attorney who has been in front of your judge on numerous occasions can help you both in the costs of the suit and how to proceed. Many judges, although objective, take different view points on the law and thus reach different conclusions on the facts of the case. An inexperienced attorney can be dangerous for a client and very costly.
One of the best characteristics of our Divorce and Family Law practice is that we respond quickly to our clients and potential clients. We believe that every client deserves individual attention and the best representation possible. We understand that Family Law matters can be highly stressful and that you want answers fast. The lawyers and staff in our office are all well equipped and available to provide answers to your Divorce and Family Law questions when you need those answers quickly. That’s why our office is open Monday through Saturday for consultations. We also have evening hours usually on Wednesday. We make every effort to file your case within one business day. If you have an agreement, we can get you a final decree of divorce and a waiver within 5 business days of the case being filed. Texas does have a sixty waiting period before you can complete the divorce process. Still, I prefer to get the documents out to clients so that they can determine how fast they want to complete the process.
If it is going to be a fight, then we stand ready to assist and advise you through the process. Our attorneys will be prepared for your hearing or trial. With our courtroom experience, your chances of success may be greatly increased. Fights are seldom a pleasant experience. At the same time our firm acknowledges that when two people have shared an intimate relationship, the fight is personal. When it comes time to take the gloves off, we are there by your side. We will prepare for the worst but expect the best. You may loose faith but never hope.
Houston Family Law Matters
We understand that Divorce and Family Law matters can one of the most difficult experiences in your life. We know that the people involved need relief quickly. CALL US TODAY! We will take the time to consult with you about your Divorce or Family Law matter and give you an evaluation of the law as it pertains to your case and explain your options.
WE HAVE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS? CALL TODAY, (713)-974-1151