The Documents Needed to File a Bankruptcy in Houston, Texas. A Creditor List is helpful but if you do not have one, I can pull a credit report. Your list should include the name and approximate amount owed on all debts. Give an estimate if you do not know the exact amount you owe on any particular debt. Creditor addresses or account numbers wouldbe needed before your case is filed.
List every debt, including creditors that you may want to continue paying for any reason. The list should contain:
1. Secured debts. All debts owed to creditors holding collateral, including home mortgages, vehicle loans, and loans against retirement plans, 401K and IRA accounts.
2. Unsecured debts. All debts that are not secured by any collateral, including all taxes (all federal, state and property taxes), credit cards, medical bills, and even debts owed to friends or relatives
3. Claims and Contingent Debts. All persons who are or might assert a claim against you for any reason. For example, assume that you were recently in an automobile accident, and the other driver was at fault. The other driver can still sue you for damages and claim that you were at fault. List the name of the other driver as a possible creditor so that we can discuss the issue at the interview.
4. Recurring Monthly Bills. You only need to list unpaid debts for recurring monthly expenses such as utility or insurance bills if you are more than 30 days in default on these obligations. If you are current or less than 30 days behind on these kinds of bills, you do not need to include them on the creditor list.
5. Default Letters. If you are in default on a mortgage relating to your home or any land, bring all letters received by the mortgage company or their attorneys.
6. Lawsuits, Garnishments & Levies. All papers relating to any lawsuits, garnishments or levies made against your property.
7. Paycheck Stubs. The most recent paycheck stubs for both you and your spouse. Bring your spouses most recent pay stub, even if she does not intend to join with you in the bankruptcy filing.
8. Divorce Decree. A copy of any divorce decree relating to any former spouse unless all debts that existed at the time you were divorced have been paid in full.
In most cases, the following documents will be needed before the bankruptcy case is filed.
• Social Security Card. Evidence of social security numbers, or a written statement that such documentation does not exist.
• Photo ID Card. Valid Driver’s License or other photo Identification card.
• Pay Stubs. Copies of all payment advices or other evidence of payment received within 6 calendar months prior to the month in which the case will be filed.
• Education IRA and Qualified State Tuition Programs. A record of any interest in an education individual retirement account or qualified State tuition programs. The Texas Tomorrow Fund is a qualified State tuition program.
• Federal Income Tax Returns. For 2 years prior to filing the case.
• Bank and Investment Account Statements. Statements for each depository and investment account, including checking, savings, and money market accounts, mutual funds and brokerage accounts for the time period that includes the date of the filing of the petition.
Call us today at (713) 974-1151 to schedule a no-obligation consultation or feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We provide legal services in the greater Houston metro area including the cities of Houston, Katy, Sugarland, Pearland, Friendswood, Clear Lake and Galveston. We also handle cases from The Woodlands, Spring and Tomball and cases in Baytown, Channelview.Alvin, Baytown, Beasley, Bellaire, Brookshire, Channelview, Clear Lake, Clearlake, College Station, Conroe, Dayton, East Bernard, Fairfax, Friendswood, Fulshear, Galleria, Greatwood, Hockley, Houston, Humble, Jersey Village, Kingwood, League City, La Marque, Orchard, Magnolia, Meadows Place, Meyerland, Missouri City, Needville, Pasadena, Pecan Grove, Pearland, Richmond, River Oaks, Rosenberg, Sealy, Sharpstown, Shenandoah, Simonton, Southside Place, Spring, Spring Branch, Spring Valley, Stafford, Sweetwater, Tanglewood, Texas City, Tomball, West University, Valley Lodge
We handle bankruptcy cases in all of these counties: Brazoria, Chambers, Galveston, Matagorda, Austin, Brazos, Colorado, Fayette, Fort Bend, Grimes, Harris, Madison, Montgomery, San Jacinto, Walker, Waller, Wharton